This size of an essay is not very small and requires much effort from you. If the teacher asks you to write a 500-word essay, you should do it right and use the correct formatting, methodology, and develop a correct structure for your paper.
Many students wonder how to write a 500-word essay and get a good grade. This is not very difficult and you can learn it just in a few hours, and if you try to start writing, you will get your desired results soon. Such a task is very popular in many colleges. This size is also appropriate for a scholarship essay that can get you financial aid and help you with your tuition. That is why many undergraduates have to write such essays very often.
There is not a specific number of sentences that such a paper should contain. Most usually have a few pages and contain 5 paragraphs, approximately a hundred words in each of them. Three of these paragraphs are the main ideas of your paper.
Before writing such a paper, it is recommended to read all the requirements for it. It is a very common task so you can find much information, even if you didn’t write such papers earlier in your studying.
How To Format A 500 Word Essay?
There can be different requirements given by your teacher or school. If there aren’t any specific requirements for your 500-word essay format, you are able to follow the standard requirements for such assignments.
Use double spacing. It is common for many academic papers, including essays of different types. Double-spacing makes tasks much more readable and helps you use different styles in your paper.
Use the Times New Roman font in your editor. It is widely used in scientific works and you should also consider applying it to your work, it is easy to read and it will be much easier for other people to read your paper.
When it comes to the font size, select a 12pt font setting for all the words. This is not a very small size, but it is still legible and helps you place many words in a small amount of space in your document.
You should also make one-inch margins on all sides. Read morewith the MLA or other correct style guidelines if you are going to win it. Note that there can be many other requirements.
7 Tips In Writing a 500 Word Essay
- Make an outline before writing. It helps you plan your work and allocate a specific number of words for each chapter of your paper. It is crucial when you have to write a 500-word essay for a scholarship project.
- Use an individual style. There are specific requirements but you can use your own way of thinking in your works, you should present things from your point of view, show how you understand them, what is your authority in understanding them.
- Check grammar. Even if you are a grammar ninja, it doesn’t mean that you notice all the mistakes. That can go unnoticed in different places and it is recommended to check your essay with a spelling/grammar checker.
- Use special services. If you have writer’s block, just look for services that will do this task for you. You can ask them to “ ” and they will start writing your paper according to its requirements.
- Check for plagiarism. Even if you didn’t copy other work, it is easier to be assured that your work has no evidence of plagiarism, use special verification software and make references to other books if needed.
- Work much on the Introduction. In this section, you attract readers and show them the main ideas of your essay. If you don’t make a good hook, it will be difficult to motivate the reader to continue reading the other sections.
- Read samples. There is much similar work written by others and you can easily read them online. It helps you see how to build such a paper and what elements it should include.
Make Your 500 Word Essay Excellent!
When you have your 500-word essay written, you need to spend time on editing and proofreading. Read it again and check instances that should be rephrased, you can also fix inconsistencies and grammar errors.
There is a lot of software that helps you in checking your content and can help in getting a high-quality result and get a good grade. Such software can be used on your device or online.
Compare your work with the best examples you read, look at what point you can use in your paper and how to do it more efficiently. It doesn’t mean you have to copy them but you can use them as an inspiration.
If you still have time before applying, you should spend it on proofreading your scholarship paper. You may notice many errors you did while writing, and fix them before others check your essay. If you are not experienced in writing such college papers, use anof specialists, they are writers who work with different types of essays, helping students get what they need.