One of the most important aspects of a college application essay is the title and subject. Remember that you are trying to sell yourself and make a strong impression. Using a catch title or unique college essay ideas can help you do that. In the text below we look at college entrance essays, topics and how they can benefit your work:
What is a good college application essay topic?
A good application essay topic should grab the reader’s attention. It should stand out be make the reader think. Something bold, for example, or even something slightly controversial. It should also clearly state what the paper will contain – it should be relevant to the main body of your text.
Good college application essay topics
There is a multitude of different subjects you can choose from. Not all college papers for sale have a great topic, however. This is why you need to be selective about the process and get the title right before anything else. The following are 10 examples of college application essay topics:
- Have your views of the world and society ever been challenged? If so, how and why?
- Describe an important view or event that you have changed your mind upon recently
- Not all inventions are good – which invention would you prevent from happening and why?
- Why do you feel that X college is the perfect fit your goals and education?
- What is your main strength, and how will that help you at college?
- On completion of college, what is the thing you desire to achieve the most?
- What do you feel is the most important quality or feature a college can provide to you?
- Why did you choose to apply for X college?
- Describe one of your most important achievements in life and how it changed you?
- Tell us about a time that you solved a problem – what did you do and what skills did you use?
Common application essay topics
When you are researching your paper subjects, you will undoubtedly come across a myriad of common topics. There are various subjects that are suitable for a college essay application. What you can write will help showcase your own personality and abilities. The following are 10 examples of college admission essay titles:
- If time travel were possible, what year would you travel back to, and what would you do?
- What part of your personal identity makes you unique and is paramount to your being?
- What has been your biggest failure in life, and how did you learn from this experience?
- Tell us about an important life lesson you have learned and how it has developed your person?
- Share a random essay topic of your choice – it can be on any subject of your choosing
- What do you do in a pressured situation, and how do you cope with the obstacles?
- What are the main influencing factors that have shaped your personality today?
- What is the most valuable and important moral standard that you try to live by, and why?
- Have you completed any charity or volunteer work? What did you learn from the experience?
- If you could be remembered for one thing, what would that be and why?
Overused college essay topics
There is a thin line between common and overused. Whilst some college essay ideas are common, others are simply used too often. You have to try and inject a little creativity and use informative essay topics that haven’t been written by thousands of other students too. The following are 10 essay questions that have been used too often – try and avoid these:
- What is the best piece of advice you have ever received and done you follow or ignore it?
- If you could spend 30 minutes with a famous person (Living or dead), who would it be?
- What is your favorite movie of all time, and which was your favorite scene?
- Describe the most embarrassing experience you have ever had, and how did it impact you?
- What are your views on religion?
- Describe your worst personality trait
- Describe a moment in your life where you felt you developed as a person
- What is one contribution you have made to a team or organization?
- Describe how you have helped someone through a trailing situation
- If you could run your own business, what would it be and why?
Unique college essay topics
Creating a unique title is essential for your college and university work. Part of how to make a good essay is being unique and thinking outside the box. These 10 subjects could help you do this:
- What is your definition of the meaning of life?
- Do you believe there is life on other planets?
- Describe one major world event that we can learn from
- How does family upbringing shape our personality and mindset?
- How do we stop corruption in politics?
- Why is democracy preferable to a dictatorship?
- Why does racism still exist in today’s society?
- Do you choose your sexuality, or are you born with it?
- Why are renewable energy sources important?
- Is solar power a viable means of powering our world?
Interesting college essay topics
What would your reaction be if you picked up a paper and the title was boring? One of the best college essay tips we can give is to make your paper interesting! A catchy title will always grab attention, as seen below:
- What are the things that make you angry, and how do you control this anger?
- What would you do if someone confronted your beliefs?
- Is nuclear energy dangerous or the answer to our energy problems?
- How can music improve our brain function?
- Should children be taught a second language at school?
- Is social media addictive?
- Can video games cause violent behavior?
- Should parents have the right to spank their children?
- Nature vs Nurture
- Are sporting professionals paid too much?
Easy college essay topics
Sometimes we like to take life easy. If you have a myriad of work to complete, using an easy essay structure and topic can really help. Below, we have listed 10 subjects that will not challenge your mind too much:
- If you had the power to change one thing in the world, what would it be, and how would you do it?
- What is your favorite novel, and which character resonated with you the most?
- Name 10 of your favorite historical figures and gives reasons why you chose them?
- What is the thing you are most passionate about in life and why?
- If you could become a teacher, what subject would you teach, and how would you teach it?
- What would be your ideal profession, and why?
- How is global warming affecting our planet and what needs to be done to prevent it?
- How has social media changed the way we communicate with others?
- The negative impact of the internet and the rise of cybercriminals
- How business has changed in the modern world
We hope you have taken inspiration from these college and university essay questions. It is important to choose a suitable topic so that your paper can shine. Without a great topic and hook, your work may suffer and the overall quality of your document may drop.